Thursday 22 January 2009

Going To The Sun


My Blog will be lying dormant for the next couple of weeks as we are off on what has become our annual trip to Barbados. The weather is so cold and dark here it will be a relief to feel the heat of the sun on my skin. It is the most wonderful little island. So very worth the nine hour flight. The people are so friendly, the food is wonderful, the beaches are glorious, the sea is warm and the climate perfect. What more could a body ask for. I shall be content for someone else to do the cooking and serve my food to me for two weeks. Absolute heaven. By the time I return I hope the days will have lengthened a bit here and maybe spring will be round the corner.
Happy cooking all and I will look forward to catching up when I return with a suntan, a larger waistline and hopefully lots of energy after the rest




19 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy your holidays! See you soon...

Cheers,

Rosa

Mary said...

Buon voyage....lucky you....enjoy your holiday and relax and see you when you get back ..cheers!

Georgina Ingham | CulinaryTravels said...

Have a wonderful time Brenda xxx

Sally said...

Have a fabulous rest, don't forget the sun-block and come back with lots of tasty recipes.
Enjoy, see you soon. Love Sal.xx

Anonymous said...

I'm not jealous, honest (bah, humbug). Have a smashing time and I look forward to lots of post and pictures when you get back.

Francesca x

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely time, you will be missed here and on V's Pantry! Jeannette

Cynthia said...

Yes, the weather is perfect right now in Barbados. The day are warm and inviting and the nights are cool and soothing. These days I hardly put on my fan.

Welcome to Bimshire! Hope you have a great visit.

arista said...

Wow, Barbados! Hope you have a fantastic time relaxing under a palm tree with a cool drink! Look forward to seeing you when you get back. love arista

Anna's kitchen table said...

Have a wonderful time Brenda!
xx

JillyB said...

Have a great time and see you soon!!

Gloria Baker said...

Dear, ENJOY the sun!!! I will miss you a lot!! but is nice have a break, well done!!! huggs!!! Gloria

Coby said...

Brenda, I know you'll have a lovely time, but we'll miss you:) Hehe, I bet you don't care at all:P Can't wait to hear a tale or two of your hols, and perhaps more than a little about the food you enjoyed:D

La Bella Cooks said...

I am seriously envious ;) Have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful holiday and looking forward to hearing all about it on your return and dont forget we want to see lots of pics.
Sandy
xx

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip - sorry you weren't part of Daring Baker's this month!

Rosie said...

Have a great time Granny... you've missed the snow...lucky you....

Rosie x

www.crabbycook.com said...

Have a fun trip. That crab in the picture looks a lot like my uncle Morty. Say hi for me.

Joie de vivre said...

This would be such a happy respite right now in the cold dark days of winter. I found your blog through New Kiwi Kitchen. I'm so happy I did!

islandgal246 said...

Hope you had a great holiday, shame I just found your blog. Could have invited you for a cuppa in the garden. Where did you stay in Bim?