Wednesday 21 October 2009

White Chocolate Strawberry Cheescake Brownies.

I was a little confused as to what to call these divine little morsels. I was told the white chocolate equivalent of a Brownie is a Blondie. Someone else told me this is not the case. The main flavour in a Blondie is butterscotch not chocolate white or brown. In confusion I consulted the great God Google. Sure enough a blondie is made with brown sugar. Using white chocolate instead of brown gives you white brownies. Regardless these turned out to be lovely. A definite keeper. Nice crisp top and a squidgy middle I used my granddaughter's strawberry milkshake to flavour them. This of course drew her like a magnet and I had trouble keeping her away from them.


White Chocolate Strawberry Cheescake Brownies.

Ingredients

125g/5oz butter
125g/5oz white chocolate, chopped
200g/7oz caster sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
100g/4oz self raising flour, sifted


For the Strawberry Cheese

200g/7oz Philadelphia or other full fat cream cheese
50g/2oz caster sugar
A few drops of strawberry flavouring or 2-3 teaspoons of strawberry milk shake
Pink colouring if desired


Method

Combine butter, and sugar in a medium saucepan and stir over medium heat until melted. Remove from heat and melt the chocolate in the mix. Then whisk in eggs.
Add flour and stir until well combined. Don't over mix
Pour into a greased and lined 18cm x 28cm rectangular tin.

Beat Philly cheese strawberry flavouring and the 50g/2oz caster sugar until smooth and creamy.
Spoon randomly over chocolate mixture and swirl with the tip of a knife.
Bake at 180ºC/160.C Fan/ 350ºF, gas mark 4 for 35 - 40 minutes or until cooked through.

Allow to cool before slicing.









11 comments:

Mary said...

They look delicious!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

OMG, that looks really scrumptious! That combo is terrific!

Cheers,

Rosa

Gloria Baker said...

Love this combo Brenda is amazing!!Love cheescake brownies, lovely, gloria, huggs..

Grannymar said...

I don't blame your little one wanting to keep an eye on those Cheesecake Brownies. I would love to be able to eat the too.

Mini Baker said...

I'm so excited I found your blog!! You're desserts look scrumptious. And white chocolate strawberry cheesecake brownies?! WOW that's a mouthful, in ever sense of the phrase! hehe
I'll be checking back often!
Mini Baker

Cynthia said...

These are the most angelic brownies I have ever seen. I love to see pink in baked stuff :)

Coby said...

Granny, I am glad to know I am not the only one who was unsure of the 'rules' regarding the term 'Blondies'. Fortunate are we that the naming has no effect on deliciousness:D No matter what you call them, these must be a delight

Rhyleysgranny said...

Mary Thank you they are/were.:)

Rosa Thank you :)

Gloria You are the queen of sweet things. I am sure you will have made something similar :)

Grannymar I am going to hunt for a dairy free decadent cake for you. :)

MiniBaker Lovely to see you here and I appreciate your complements about my blog. :)

Cynthia I love pink in cakes too. Must be a girly thing :)

Coby Trouble is now I need to make Blondies :)

Lucie said...

These look lovely Brenda- great with the pink, very girlie:) Hope you are keeping well. Lucie x

The Caked Crusader said...

What an amazing colour the strawberry cheese is - the blondies/brownies look delicious

aoife mc said...

*DROOOOOL*

I don't know how, but I wasn't aware of your blog until the long list for the Blog Awards this year.

Your food looks so delicious and beautiful and I want to come live with you so I can have white chocolate strawberry cheesecake brownies for breakfast every morning!

Good luck with the Blog Awards - I'll be keeping a close eye on this lovely blog in the future.